Founded in 1998, Pocrnic Realty Advisors Inc. (PRA) is a full service Commercial Real Estate firm. Its range of services includes Property Assessment, Brokerage, Mortgage Investment, Development, Asset Management and Valuation. PRA houses a diversity of expertise under one roof. The result is a unique and advantageous perspective on the real estate market, a comprehensive information base and a value-added philosophy.
Pocrnic Realty Advisors are adding to their current portfolio with an opening for a Property Manager, with current exposure or experience in the commercial property market.
Based out of Hamilton, the Property Manager will work at PRA Offices, and report directly to the Senior Director, Asset Management, working closely with on-site personnel and contractors to ensure performance goals for commercial sites are met. The successful candidate will demonstrate competence with retail leases and facility operations.
- Property Management
- Oversee day to day operations of a mixed commercial/retail/residential portfolio;
- Conduct diligent and regular site inspections, and implement corrective action plans and oversee all maintenance activities to maintain a high level of standard at all properties;
- Oversee the diligent collection of rents, and enforce collection of arrears;
- Liaise with commercial tenants on day to day affairs;
- Tender, manage, oversee all third party contracts that service the portfolio (i.e cleaning, landscaping, mechanical etc.);
- Facilitate and oversee construction and tenant improvement activities, space turnover, including reviewing specifications and drawings;
- Create and manage annual operating and capital budgets, with an operational focus on maximizing NOI, tenant retention, and fulfilling ownership goals.
- Collaborate on annual OpEx Reconciliations;
- Manage capital projects and other assigned corporate projects as required;
- Coordinate Marketing efforts including leasing tours for all vacant spaces/liaisons or coordinating for same with third party listing brokers where applicable;
- Ensures all vacant spaces are marketable;
- Assist with drafting basic leasing documents;
- Assist with the lease renewal discussions in their portfolio;
- Track leasing Key Performance Indicators;
- Prepare leasing strategies for commercial vacancies;
- Organizational Development
- Assist Senior Director in identifying and documenting financial objectives in the portfolio;
- Track and monitor industry KPI’s;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under various competing timelines;
- Organized, able to prioritize and multi-task, and has the ability to execute with sound judgement;
- Min 1-3 years experience as a Property Manager with a commercial or retail focus;
- Post Secondary preferred with intention to complete RPA or CPM designation;
- OREA/RECO registered is an asset;
- Strong organizational and workload prioritization skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate with co-workers, clients and service providers;
- Driven, professional, and flexible in nature;
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail;
- Valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable car;
- Team player with a proven work ethic, self-starter, and ability to work both independently and on a team;
- Ability to travel.
PRA offers an excellent working environment as part of a team of talented individuals with competitive compensation in one of Ontario’s best places to live.
Please forward cover letter and resume in confidence to Virginia Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to the open position.